Sunday, November 13, 2011

6 Pool Champions - The Blight on the Ladder

Oh man it is the weekend. And with it comes to ladder heroes, the 6 pool warriors. These warriors of the internet charge the beaches of Battlenet with one mission. To end their game with me in under 5 minutes.

God I hate 6 pools. By the time you scout them, its to late. No amount of probe micro can save me. But such is playing on the ladder.

So I used to have I started blog called "The Quest for Diamond" back when there was only Diamond League and Reapers were the thing to do in TvZ. I was gold league, hated stim and the 1-1-1 was not the thing of glory it is now. But times have changed and so have I. I'm now brave enough to post my struggles on TL, which is not a place that is very noob friendly.

As my previous blog stated, I work full time at a law firm, which requires a lot of hours. I was there this Saturday, slogging through documents. If I am lucky, I get to player a 10-15 games a week and the first 5 of those is scrubbing the rust off. And with those limited number of game, it makes my hate toward those 6 pooling fools that much greater.

But my climb continues. I feel I have a solid handle on PvT, which is a huge leap for me. A lot of terrans in the platinum leagues have some really bad habits. Being over aggressive with marines and marauders, assuming that the I won't have enough units. That or the return of 2 port banshees. I don't know why that build came back, but I faced it twice today.

The other match ups are less so. PvP is so unstable now, I will be happy when there are some solid builds. And PvZ is still rough. The 12 minutes appears to be go time in that match up, one way or another. I feel so at least. I've given up on stargate after FFE. If the zerg isn't prepared for Voidrays, they are not ready for 5 zealots as their 3rd base. And zealots don't cost gas and help any zergling all-in that may becoming.

I'll post some replays soon, for those who care. Maybe some more games this week, until Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment