Thursday, February 24, 2011

Big battles, itty bitty screen


As you get better at Starcraft 2, you have to fight against what feels natural.  To resist urges that seem right at the time, but are not the way to secure victory.  Sacking workers to scout, expanding after winning a major battle, starving your opponent out.   While all of these are smart, they have to work against the tide if you emotions.  It like rowing up stream, with explosions.
                The newest one I have been attempting is trying to watch the minimap more than the main screen.   This make sense on paper, that tiny little map is packed with the most efficient pixels for my mind to consume.  But they are not the prettiest.  It hard not to look at your units or move your view around the map, since it is so nice to look at.  But that is not how to take in the whole game, to see what needs to be seen.   Friends of mine keep saying they don’t like to learn builds, be forced to play and rush.  I can see why.  I enjoy the art and magic of Starcraft 2.  But I enjoy winning more.
                I am up five games now, trying to clock in two a night.  Recently I have embraced the one base colossi response to Terrans.  It amazes me how lazy some players can be at my level,  knowing that stim makes most gateway units worthless without massive upgrades.  I am happy to take advantage of this and so are my zealot’s laser fists.
                Ok, so it’s back to the field with fresh coffee.  Enjoy the VOD put up.  Huk is still one of my favorites, even if he has Bieber hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment