Monday, March 7, 2011

I am # 1(and sometimes to # 2)

I have been at the very top of my league for a few weeks now.  I am twenty games ahead now, so my options are binary.  Either I keep winning and get bumped up a league or the losses are soon to come.

Terrans continue to be the thorn in my side.  Their ability to do so much on one base really throws me off my game.  I am used to dealing with the extra scrubby one base bio push that every gold Terran knows.  But I haven't had a lot of experienced dealing with hellion drops, raven pushes and it really shows.  And I not really going to get much experienced until I go up a league, since that one base non-sense is still working for gold Terrans.  Why, because its easy and it works sometimes.  

I keep seeing people saying the phoenix is good against the one-base-stim-Im-really-bad-but-I-can-attack-move+stim.  I keep hearing theories that 5 of them is the perfect number and you can use them to keep the terran honest.  I don't know how people do this and manage to forcefield the ram.  Seriously, do they micro, macro and then jump back every 14 seconds to reapply that thing.  Those might be skills that are beyond my abilities.  Still, the idea of taking it to the terran from the safety of my base calls to me.  To often I have to sit around and wait one colossi.

But the question continues.  Once I get home, I will post some replays.  

No comments:

Post a Comment